Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New to this

Ok, so I thought I would start blogging. I don't know why, I just thought it might be something interesting to do in my 5 minutes of free time each day! So, while my kids are content from lunch, have clean pants and are watching Elmo, I thought I would sit down and write.

I guess I should, first of all, explain my blog name. Isaiah 58:11 states "The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a WATERED GARDEN, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." I have a little notebook that I keep on the sill of the window just above my sink. In that notebook I write verses that have stuck out to me. Most of these verses I read during my devotions, or they stick out during a sermon, but they all have wonderful reminders in them. I like to switch to a new verse every day and be reminded of whatever that verse has to say. I'm at the sink very often during my days, either washing the dishes, filling bottles and cups or just looking out that window. This is one of my favorite verses in my book so far. More are being added from time to time, but I find myself looking at this one at least once a week. It's such a comfort to know that even in the times of drought, both physical and spiritual, God has promised to sustain me, and "He has not failed one word of all His promise"!

Well, this past week was a week of physical drought for me. Maybe that is why this verse stuck out to me yet again when I was thinking about blogging. I was sick with a cold. Mom's don't get sick days, so I was still cleaning and such, but I was EXHAUSTED!!! By the weekend I didn't think I could take anymore. My dad and his wife were planning on coming down to visit, so I didn't have a choice but to "suck it up" once again. Friends of ours were married on Saturday evening, and they were going to watch the kids for us so we could go to the wedding unhindered. I cried getting ready. I got mad at my hair and broke my straightner. I yelled at my husband. I decided not to go. But then I changed my mind because the only place I wanted to be less was stuck at home! So, feeling totally awful and extremely ugly, I got in the car. The wedding was beautiful. I cried again..... that made me feel a little better. I went to the reception where the only people I knew were my date (hubby) and the bride and groom. We sat down at our table and thought that maybe noone was going to sit with us after we'd been there for 20 minutes or so. But then came a wonderful family. Aunt of the bride, her husband and their two sons. We had a wonderful conversation about how awesome it is to know that God will supply our needs no matter what is going on in the world. I was reminded again to "be anxious in nothing", and impressed once more of how loving our God is. He knew my need and filled it with a wonderful lady who had no idea how much of an encouragement she was being to me. We danced, laughed and returned home refreshed (at least I did!).

So, amid the dirty diapers, snotty noses, mountains of dishes and laundry, I am being watered. Continually, unfailingly (I think I made that word up) and sufficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...