Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm still alive... I think

My mom commented on the fact that I haven't written in a while. Neither has my sister.... I guess we're both busy with life! I had surgery last week, so I've been a little incapacitated. For those who have been asking, my foot is healing well. I had some trouble with the nerve block (hence all the pain) and I still have no feeling in my toes or the top of my foot. It's quite annoying! The Dr thinks it will return to normal soon... I certainly hope so!!!

The kids have not been enjoying this activity free time. I was ordered to stay off my feet for an entire week.... IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Thankfully I take my kids to my appointments, so my Dr knew how much of a challenge that would be for me. I'm looking forward to being able to walk normally again and get back to playing with my kids! I'm sure they're looking forward to that as well. We've been doing a lot of puzzles and coloring. I'm an expert at getting marker off the table! Other than recovery my life has been rather boring of late..... except for the fact that we're adopting a dog!!!!

His name is Batman... he's an American Pit Bull Terrier. He's a sweetie and I can't wait until he's home for good. Hopefully we can bring him home Saturday and start our Foster-to-Adopt period. Bullies have such a bad rap the adoption process is TERRIBLE! We've been "courting" him since November. The girls are excited though... it's more tangible now that there are doggie beds and toys around the house.

2 comments:

  1. goodness, you already sound like a dog-advocate! will that be the next talent on your resume?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the pics of Batman on FB! He's adorable!

    Love ya, friend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...