Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Musings

I wonder sometimes why Sundays are such hard days. We're supposed to be taking our sabbath and resting, yet by the end of the day everyone is just exhausted. Wake up, shower, clothe and feed everyone, jump in the car and make it to Sunday school just as it's starting. Make sure the kids get to the right classes. Pry away from crying babies that want to be big girls and go to class with sister.... just a few more weeks A... I promise! Sit down in my own class and TRY to focus on the lesson. Inevitably my brain is working on much more "important" things like what I have (or failed to) put in the oven, or what song choir will be singing. After prayer I jump up and say hello to people as I run by to check on the kids. Everyone's in the right place and not giving teachers a hard time. Quickly rush back through the auditorium trying not to get stopped on my way to choir. Wouldn't do well for the directors wife to be late you know! Get through the song a few times and line up... then the service. I know there is something there for me today. Why can't my brain stop thinking so I can absorb something new???? Just one thing Lord, please... teach me at least one thing! Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" Pastor V uses Pilgrims Progress as an illustration several times... I should read it again. "Sin which so easily ensnares us"..... Satan doesn't make it like a carnival that we would avoid.... it's a new path that seems right at first but leads us into a net. Not so easy to escape. Keep my eyes fixed on you, Lord. Prayer, benediction. Get the kids... potty the girls. Go practice while everyone gets in the car. Pastor K holds K.... she falls asleep on his shoulder. Wake her up and get in the car.... it's gotten about 15 degrees colder.... remember warmer jackets for tonight...... Home, finally. Feed everyone. Naps???? please? No luck, only C and Daddy nap. Girls decide to play. I need to transpose some music for hubby to practice tonight. Can't find my software. "Honey, where's Finale???" ...... "Oh, I guess I didn't re-install it. Sorry"...... ok, what do I do now? I don't want to hand write all this! Download new software, can't be that much different.... WRONG!!! No need to get so upset, I tell myself. It'll be ok....... Finally I figure it out and get the music written. But now it's time to get the girls up (well, they're already up, just out of their room) and fed. Dress, change diapers and off we go again. Practice with group, practice for duet, practice for solo. Choir practice..... oh yeah, I'm on piano tonight. Glad I have an offeratory with me! All the while thinking... "Lord, I want to be serving you, but I want to learn too. Please let my heart absorb tonight what it failed to this morning!" Pastor K is back in Job.... 19:25 " For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth"...... At last..... not today, maybe not tomorrow, but AT LAST!!! What a blessed thought. Even through the business of my resting day I KNOW that my redeemer lives and will AT LAST take me home. I'll have all the rest I could ever want there! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I relate to the pleading of "I want to hear you Lord!"
    Thanks for your willingness to share!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...