Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mountains of toys and not a shower in sight....

If anyone came by my house today I think I would pretend to not be home..... although that's a little hard to do when my van is sitting in plain sight and my kids are peeking out the front window. It seems that I am never caught up. Many people would claim that my home is impressively clean for having three small kids and a dog...... I think anything other than complete filth is considered impressively clean! Bathrooms typically get cleaned twice a week..... last week they got done once. Not at all so far this week... that's a first! My floor has been cleaned almost every day, but you would never guess! I guess that comes from having hardwood and an almost crawling baby that spits up and then smears it around everywhere before I (or the dog) catch it! This has been one of those weeks where you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off, but you seem to get nothing... and I mean NOTHING... accomplished. As I am sitting here, I can hear the floors and bathrooms begging to be cleaned. As my middle child, A, is tugging on the strings of my sweatpants (which so desperately need washed) I smell that all too familiar smell.......gross.... got to go wipe another stinky bottom! But it's ok.... all too soon my children will seem to have no need of me. The poor toys that my dog has attacked will forever be forgotten and will be replaced with I-pods and cell phones. I'll be chasing boys away instead of dust bunnies and wiping too much make-up off my "grown-up" girls instead of messy stink!

1 comment:

  1. how wonderful that you see the moments of joy!
    How True, these things will be so very quickly be forgotten....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...