Thursday, March 10, 2011

Droughts in the rain

The last few weeks have been incredibly overwhelming for me. Besides all five of us sharing a stomach bug, I have had just about every deadline come due this week. Deadlines for funding registrations and for school paperwork. Meetings with social workers, information coming out my ears that I don't understand. And to top it all off, it has rained 6 out of 7 days this week. And now it's snowing. In my unloading on every person that has the unfortunate experience of crossing my path this week I have dug myself deeper and deeper into my pit. The feelings of inadequacy and exhaustion are boiling over. And then, in a moment of silence, I sit down at my computer. Not to fill or file any application, but just to "catch up" with my blog friends. To be a person for a few minutes and maybe laugh. The Lord has a funny sense of humor. The moments that I just finally have a second to myself He reminds me that the stress would be much easier if I would let him carry it :) I stopped by my friend Ocean Mommy 's blog and read her post. Both of the verses she talks about really jumped out at me, but Isaiah 45:3 hit me the hardest...

I will give you the treasures of darkness, and the hoards in secret places that you will know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by name.

While I would consider Autism my detour, the Lord is showing me that there are treasures in this darkness. Right now I'm having a hard time seeing it, but I haven't exactly been letting His light shine for me recently. So thank you, Stephanie. Thank you for exposing your struggle and helping me realize that there is treasure in mine! :)





1 comment:

  1. Oh friend, I am praying for you! There is treasure to be had, keep pressing in!

    Hugs,
    stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...