Friday, April 1, 2011

Autism Awareness Month

Today starts Autism Awareness month. Chances are that you know at least 1 person that is affected personally by Autism. 1 in 110... that's a big number. There are about 100 people in our church... we are the 1. There are 550 students K-5 in the school Kaitlyn will be going to next year. That means that in that elementary school alone there are at least 5 Autistic kids. Next year Kaitlyn will add 1 to that number (and I'm sure that one or more will "graduate" to the next school). I never thought I would be here. I remember telling someone that had a child with a learning disability that "I don't know how you do it. I could never deal with this on a daily basis"... Well, sometimes God has a way of proving to us what we are capable of. You never grow if you don't get stretched right? I'm currently completing a 30 day fitness challenge with my friend Kristen. One of the things that the trainer keeps saying is that you won't get stronger if you don't push yourself. How true that especially in life. I am being challenged by Kaitlyn... my patience, my learning, my determination. So many areas. And I am becoming a warrior mom.. and I love every minute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...