Saturday, June 4, 2011

But I WANT it... :-(

Yesterday at 8:26 a.m. my son asked me "I has canny momby?"  UMMMM NO!!  Candy at 8 in the morning?!?  I think not.  Promptly that wicked lower lip made an appearance.  Then came the tears.  I wanted to laugh, but I knew it wouldn't help the situation.  Then yesterday, shortly after said interaction, I was doing my devotions (one of the nice things about being at my moms by the way... I can actually get my devotions in before 10 pm!) in Job.  I have a fantastic devotional Bible that I just love.  There are short devotionals through out the Bible that I can do in just a few minutes, or I can take the extra passages listed and make a nice study out of if I have the time.  So anyhow... I was reading my devotional passage in Job and it was the part where Job was asking God to JUST STOP!!! (I don't blame him by the way!)  Then another of the passages was in the NT where Paul is asking God to take away the "thorn in his flesh".  Both instances were NO answers from God.  That doesn't mean that he didn't answer, or that he was ignoring the request, but  he said NO.  My children think that I'm the meanest mommy in the world when I tell them no to something that they really really want.  But often times it's because it's the best thing for them at the time... like not eating candy at 8 in the morning!  So why do I not get sometimes that God's no's to me are for my best too??  No, I don't sit around with a pout (well, sometimes, but not that most people would see!) but I still have a pouting attitude.  What right do I have to pout if God says no?  Doesn't he promise to only do what is best for me? So if he says that he will give me his best, what right do I have to pout at the no's??? Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart".  WILL give, not may or might.. WILL.  So thinking as a parent, sometimes I do let my kids have candy... not at 8 in the morning, but perhaps after lunch.  It's a special reward in our house, not a regular occurrence, but it does happen.  So if my no answer is truly a desire of my heart, which I guarantee.. IT IS!!, then NO isn't really a NO is it?  It's more of a wait... I can do that :-)  So I wait.. and if it truly is a NO, I believe that God will change the desire of my heart.  Because truthfully, I want nothing more or less than what God has planned for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...