Monday, October 29, 2012

IEP's and nerves

Not quite sure why I always get butterflies in my stomach when I have an IEP (Individualized Education Program) meeting.  Seriously, these things should be commonplace.  I have at least 2 every year!!  Still, those annoying little flying guys enter my system.  I think it has to do with feeling like I might mess up and ruin everything for Kaitlyn.  We've come such a long way, my biggest fear is failing her.  Letting her quit before she's at her fullest potential.  I want her to be the best she can be... cliche I know, but it's the truth.  I don't care so much if that's 3rd grade or a Ph.D. I just want her to be her best.  I want her to know that God loves her.. that we love her.. just the way she is.  It's hard to let go of those goals and expectations we all have for our kids.  I still cry when I realize something just isn't coming.  It's hard to see her struggle.  Andrea is at the point of completely passing her.  She just finished the first grading period of Kindergarten and is already passed Kaitlyn in reading and writing and some math.  Kaitlyn is starting to realize she's different.  She told Andrea the other day "I don't have to because I'm special".  Wow... where does that stop!  True, she is special, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have to do whatever... (this was in regard to cleaning up or something like that)!!  Hard days are ahead.  I had the "Don't expect so much out of your sister" talk with Andrea again the other day.  *sigh*  these are the rough things I really don't want to deal with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...