Friday, February 8, 2013

Invitation shock


My Kait was invited to her first non-family birthday party!!!  It’s an exciting day.  The thing that makes it even more wonderful is that this is for a girl that isn’t in Kaitlyn’s class and doesn’t even go to our church!  We went to another church for a few months when we first moved here.  I made friends with a girl who’s sister I graduated with.  Anyway, this gals brother-in-law is severely Autistic and she has made a point to check up with me every now and again.  She e-mailed a week or so ago and asked if she could invite Kaitlyn to her daughters 7th birthday.  I was so taken aback.  I can’t get over the thoughtfulness.  To include a child simply because you know it is difficult for her to make friends.  Things like this just make me smile.  Perhaps we will have real friends after all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...